This is the entrance to the Music School of Wells Cathedral School. Originally it used to be a house for the Archdeacon of Wells, probably built in the 13th Century, and was largely rebuilt during the late 1400s. In the 1800s it became a brewery before restoration in the 1880s and becoming the library for the Wells Theological College. It became part of Wells Cathedral School in 1955 and now forms the main Music School for this Specialist Music School.
Please click on the photo to view large.